Rental Program FAQs
All the ins and outs of renting gear through Frost River
We've tried to keep our program as simple as possible! We want you to be able to take out Frost River gear and see what you think.
How do I rent Frost River Gear?
Follow the easy instructions below:
- Click the Rent Gear Now tab on the website, you will then be linked over to our reservation system.
- Enter the dates of your rental and choose the Item(s) that you would like to reserve by clicking the add to cart button.
- Once you items are in your cart, choose the times that you would like to pick up and return the items.
- To check out, you will need to create an account. You will NOT be charged the security deposit fee unless you do not return the item or the rented gear shows signs of major damage.
- Enter your credit card information and check out to confirm your reservation.
- You are ready for adventure! We'll have your gear ready to go at the time you denoted on your order. Please be prepared to return the gear within 30 minutes of the time you chose for returning.
Where is Rental Pick-up and Return?
All rentals will be picked up and returned to the Frost River Shop. Below is our address. Gear can only picked and returned during business hours.
Frost River Trading Co.
1910 W. Superior St. Duluth, MN 55806
Ph: (218) 727-1472
Hours: Monday-Saturday: 10am-6pm, Sunday: 11am-6pm
What kind of gear is available for rental?
We've got everything from portage packs for canoe country, to beach bags for a day trip spent on the shores of Lake Superior. To look through the full rental fleet, click here to adventure over to the Rental Reservation system.
What types of payments do you offer?
Rental gear can only be reserved through our website. We accept major credit cards and paypal. We do NOT accept cash for rentals.
What happens if my rental pack gets dirty?
Our reliable softgoods are built to endure adventure. We understand that being outdoors means that your rental gear might get caught in the rain or find a dirty patch on the ground to sit on. Normal wear and tear is going to happen and we understand that. We appreciate you treating our packs well and hope that you will work to do a light cleaning before returning your gear to the store.
When packs are returned with major damage, or not returned at all-- the renter will be charged the full retail price for the item(s).
Do you ship rental packs so I can try before I buy if I am not local?
At this time we do not have the ability to ship rentals to non-locals. If this is a service that you would be interested in please let us know at email@example.com.